Rooster??

biggles246

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
I had five chicks that I raised from fertile eggs that I put under a broody hen. Unfortunately a fox got four of them.
barnie.gif
I have one left and I really hope it is a rooster so it breeds with my hens. It is 6 weeks old. Also not quite sure what breed it is. Can somebody please tell me what breed and what gender?

Hey biggles246

I have no idea either on breed but I am sure you will hear from someone who knows.

The images are a little blurry but with the redness and size of the comb and wattles at 6 weeks, I would guess a rooster. Do not quote me on that though; I have been known to get it wrong, even with my own chicks
wink.png

I actually just wanted to let you know that I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is sad anytime we lose one of our feathered friends, moreso when they are so young and innocent
sad.png

Also, Welcome to BYC! :)

Last edited:
I see feathers on the legs, yes? Maybe cuckoo marans or some kind of feather legged cross with a barred type... if it is a marans it may be a while to tell for sure, marans pullets tend to have larger combs/wattles than other breeds...

I asked the guy who gave me the eggs and he said it wasn't marans. It is a mixed breed.

Back
Top Bottom