Roosters and Chickens are my new Muse

Pilarski

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
Hello and thank you! This is the first time I've ever written in a forum, I'm usually too busy with my 2yr old mule, calves, dogs, cat, painting, teaching, cleaning, etc. but, I am so excited about chickens and roosters coming into my life, that I can't get enough of them. I am new to chickens (wasn't raised on a farm, but live on one now) and I want to share my enthusiasm with others who are excited too! I came to this site because I needed help.

I live in GA (Madison County for you GA folks). I was taking care of my neighbors chickens. They have a variety of beautiful hens and roosters about 20 all together. My neighbors left town a few weeks ago, while it was about 110 degrees F. I ran into trouble keeping them cool, and I came to this site looking for ideas. The amount of information I found was so far beyond what I could ever have found any way else. Moreover, I found support too. Unfortunately, there was one fatality, but with heat like that I think I got lucky.

So, I returned to this site to find a replacement for the deceased Polish hen, Sally, that was being missed terribly by her Rooster husband Harry (my avatar). I have never seen mourning so obviously displayed by an animal or a human. There are no other Polish hens or roosters in the bunch. I was worried he might not make it, but he has. He keeps to himself though. Since my neighbors returned home they moved him out of the house with all the others and up to their house where he now is only with two other roosters (Duke, a Big Jersey and Copper ? ) who are very nice, they've accepted him, and we're all still looking for another hen for Harry.

So, I'm not a chicken/rooster owner yet, but if you can't tell I've fallen in love with them. I took hundreds of pics while there, and will start to paint them. I am a painter of horses (they're my passion), but I have plenty of room for more in my heart. I'm absolutely amazed at how beautiful they are - sometimes I get things late. Bye the way, I am 42 years old, just never really noticed chickens/roosters until now. So, thanks for reading and if you have a Polish hen for Harry send me an email.

[email protected]

Photo gallery coming soon.

Welcome to BYC, we're glad you joined
frow.gif

frow.gif
&
31b4b1fc_titre_glitter_oelwtboess350.gif
from Australia! We're glad to have you join us!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions on the forum, no matter how silly it may be.
tongue.png

Enjoy the site and good luck!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom