Roosters behavior?

Probably just playing, though I've noticed from my experience that while the females will often play along when challenged, they don't usually initiate the chest-bumping, hackles-flaring type of interaction. The more they age, the more the females will back out of such interactions (to defer to the males) until it's just the males left doing it with each other. That's with same-age chicks - eventually the males become more dominant and the females stop engaging in challenging behavior. Young males with older hens is a whole other story though - the hens will quickly put them in their place if they dare to challenge them like that :lol:

Probably just playing, though I've noticed from my experience that while the females will often play along when challenged, they don't usually initiate the chest-bumping, hackles-flaring type of interaction. The more they age, the more the females will back out of such interactions (to defer to the males) until it's just the males left doing it with each other. That's with same-age chicks - eventually the males become more dominant and the females stop engaging in challenging behavior. Young males with older hens is a whole other story though - the hens will quickly put them in their place if they dare to challenge them like that :lol:
I love how you ended that. I will show you all what we end up with. 😁

My chicks always fight/play like this, regardless of sex. It doesn't seem to matter too much at that age. My favorite is when the hackle feathers flare out like a little velociraptor. They are definitely little dinosaurs. :D
They totally are 🤣

ahh my hens/chicks do the same. Two of my girls fight for about 10 seconds then run off together. It's completely normal haha, theyre just playing!!

Back
Top Bottom