CluckThis

Chirping
15 Years
16 Years
Feb 25, 2008
Dillon, Montana
My Coop
My Coop
If we have more than one rooster will only one crow or will they all start crowing?? Right now only one is crowing and we think there is more than one in this last batch we got.
roll.png

We had three cockerels - two silkies and a faverolle. The silkies would both crow. I don't recall hearing Joe (the faverolle) crow until after the silkies were rehomed. He sure does crow funny
lol.png

Last edited:
I have 3 grown roosters and a couple more coming of age, they sometimes crow back and fourth to each other. Sometimes at the same time. Based on mine, ALL roosters will crow.

My dominiques started at 10 weeks.
I didn't know they started that young. Since I live in neighborhood, I couldn't risk bothering the neighbors, so I had to find which one it was so I could cull him.
I watched one morning, and as soon as he crowed I snatched him up and put a mark on his comb so I would know who to process first. ( I thought he was just early and I would have time to let the others grow larger before processing them.)
Well, as soon as I got him marked, I heard another crow, but it wasn't from the one I was holding. Then I saw another crow. At that point I knew that I would be having a very large culling session, much earlier than I had expected.
So, as far as dominiques go, they all crow.

Back
Top Bottom