Roosters? Not sure!

I have a 5 month old buff and her comb and waddles are no where near that big yet. That would be a reason for me to think roo for your 3 month old with well developed waddles and comb. Sorry! I thought that I had all girls too but Thelma has been crowing now since Christmas morning and is a beautiful Theodore!

horsefeathers09:
You asked how we could tell, the two Orps: a whole lot off comb development going on there for their age, plus they just have that rooster look about them.
The Polish, you can see loads of saddle and hackle feathers on them. You can probably see some streamers in their crest too if you take a close look. There is no doubt you have 4 boys there.
Sorry, but sexing is only about 84% accurate.

Yikes! The only good news is I was right 'bout them being roosters! Oh my, now what... I might keep the polish roos, I hear they are pretty nice and not to awful loud. I have two chicken yards so I do have options. I'm hoping the feed store I bought the others from will take them back. Pretty sure they raise their own. This is my third year and the first time this has happened, I won't be buying birds from that outfit again! Thanks to all for your help, what would I ever do with the folks at BYC! amy

Back
Top Bottom