Roosters or hens???

KristyD

Hatching
Oct 2, 2016
Hi, i have bought some chickens and I was told they were hens...they are about 18 weeks but im not so sure. Can you tell if they are roosters or hens?

Greetings from Kansas, KristyD, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! I am terrible at breed guessing so I'll leave that to the experts. It is hard to tell from the pic, though. I'd say you have what appear to be some hens. Can you post a little closer picture? And here's the best place to post that when you do https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Best of luck and enjoy your flock! :)

Closer pics, side shots would be best... but if they're barred correctly, you have 2 pullets and 4 cockerels... double barred males are lighter than single barred females... if they aren't barred correctly, close up side shots will show which are which...

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

The four leftmost of the picture are definitely cockerels... far right I can't see very well but I'd guess cockerel... middle right is your only pullet, sorry.

Hello there and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am glad you decided to join us here today! That is not a great photo, but from what I can tell, I would agree with Queen Misha. Barred rooster capes and hackle feathers can get $$ in the Fly Fishing industry. Have fun on BYC!

Would be great if your photos were close ups and we could actually see the combs, etc. on all the birds - we can't with the current photo. Looks one of yours on the left side, has some black feathers in the tail (no barring) would like to see that one closer. Maybe it is a mix or ??

Back
Top Bottom