Roosters Pecking the Back of Hens

Yes they will, but slowly. If you increase their protein intake, it can help with the feather regrowth.

One thing to watch for though..... With the big patch of skin, some hens might be tempted to pick at any new feathers trying to grow in, even if they have never done that before. It just looks so different I guess. :confused:

So, watch it every day, when you see the new feathers starting come in, watch them very closely to see if they are over-preened, or even pulled out.

It should grow back in with no problems..... But I like to keep an eye on it, be extra carefull.

Yes they will, but slowly. If you increase their protein intake, it can help with the feather regrowth.

One thing to watch for though..... With the big patch of skin, some hens might be tempted to pick at any new feathers trying to grow in, even if they have never done that before. It just looks so different I guess.
hu.gif

So, watch it every day, when you see the new feathers starting come in, watch them very closely to see if they are over-preened, or even pulled out.

It should grow back in with no problems..... But I like to keep an eye on it, be extra carefull.
Thanks for the help. I will add extra cooked peas to the diet and keep a watch over my damaged hens.

Back
Top Bottom