Roosters sudden fight. HELP?

I don't know how they settled the pecking order-flock dominance issues earlier but they did. My guess is that the Brahma saw a weakness it could exploit. Maybe the older rooster has some typed of injury or wasn't feeling right so the Brahma pounced to take advantage. Sometimes they lose spirit as they get older. If you are north of the equator the longer days of spring may have stirred up the hormones. Chickens can be brutes and bullies. They can be quick to take advantage of opportunities. For whatever reason your Brahma decided to take a chance and won.
I dont either thats why i'm baffled. They grew up together, when the brahma was growing up no fighting, when brahma was a teenager no fighting, when brahma became a full on rooster no fighting, 2.5-3 full years no fighting ever, i had other roosters that would dismount one another from hens but stop at that, these two didnt even try to dismount one another of the hens, they were eating from the same tray, and they both had a coop of their own where they would gather from 5 - 15 hens. To me it's sad, but i will get rid of the brahma even if they stop fighting, i grew attached to the older one, he was my first incubated rooster.

Hi! I will cut to the chase i have 2 adult rooster with 30 hens in my flock.
One is 3 years old the other 2.5 years old. They grew up together never, ever fought.
The older one didnt even peck at the younger one when he was in his cockerel stage or anything.
Today they started fighting, but the younger one is a big Brahma and he destroyed the older one (normal farm rooster).
My guess is that because they never fought unofficially the older one was always the boss and now all of a sudden the brahma wanted to take his spot?
I really dont know what to do, the brahma keeps beating on a surrendered older one.
Is there a way i can make them friends again?
I have two Roos that lived in harmony for 4 years. Now the subordinate will fight to no end - but they are now being separated because too much blood and neither is backing down after multiple supervised tries if reintegration. I wonder if it’s because about 10 of our 16 hens are no longer of breeding age. Maybe the 2 roosters are suddenly fighting after 4 years of harmonious co- existence because only 6 hens out of 16 still lay eggs

Hi! I will cut to the chase i have 2 adult rooster with 30 hens in my flock.
One is 3 years old the other 2.5 years old. They grew up together never, ever fought.
The older one didnt even peck at the younger one when he was in his cockerel stage or anything.
Today they started fighting, but the younger one is a big Brahma and he destroyed the older one (normal farm rooster).
My guess is that because they never fought unofficially the older one was always the boss and now all of a sudden the brahma wanted to take his spot?
I really dont know what to do, the brahma keeps beating on a surrendered older one.
Is there a way i can make them friends again?
Our 2 Roos lived harmoniously for 4 years. Now fight so bad they must be separated. I wonder if it’s because only 6 hens out if 16 hens are still laying eggs

Thing is, I don't like cock fighting. Really if you are making money at it, or not making money at it is rather a moot point. It is still cock fighting.

Being raised together has almost no influence in tomorrows pecking order.

Once they start fighting, there is no going back. I don't keep forever birds - At the ages of your roosters, I would let the old one go, keep the two year old and start raising up a couple of male chicks this summer - to see what comes forth.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom