Roosters (wasn't sure where to post this)

NinaJoy

Chirping
Dec 18, 2020
ROOSTERS!
To hold and interact them or not to?
I had in my mind to leave them be. They're not hens and they have a job to do.
So, I don't handle mine at all.
Today I was told I should handle him because if he gets injured he'll be easier to deal with.
I don't really want to handle him. Roosters freak me out, lol.
How donyou engage with your Rooster?
Picture is my guy Belvedere. He's fancy ;)

Attachments

• 20201218_112148.jpg
    20201218_112148.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 9
Meaning once he's in the coop go pet him? I did try to catch him today out in the daylight and he wanted none if it. Lol
Because you haven't really interacted with them before they certainly won't be happy about it. You just have to get them used to it and they can become very sweet. But interecting with your roosters is solely your choice. Some people love to cuddle their roosters, and and others prefer to leave them to protect the hens. To each their own.

Because you haven't really interacted with them before they certainly won't be happy about it. You just have to get them used to it and they can become very sweet. But interecting with your roosters is solely your choice. Some people love to cuddle their roosters, and and others prefer to leave them to protect the hens. To each their own.
Okay good, then I'm not toaltally weird. I don't feel the need to trat my Rooster like a hen. Personally. So, if he does get injured or something then I'll cross that bridge if I get there :)

Okay good, then I'm not toaltally weird. I don't feel the need to trat my Rooster like a hen. Personally. So, if he does get injured or something then I'll cross that bridge if I get there :)
Yup, if you want to leave them then no need to do otherwise. I personally love my roosters and cuddle them from day olds, but I don't hatch eggs or need a protector, I just love having them around and they can be real cuddle bugs. I also love the sounds of roosters crowing and raise mine as pets.

But if they freak you out don't feel pressured to force yourself to become best friends. Although I would recommend getting more comfortable around them. It's key to not be afraid of them so they don't try and dominate you.

It is you’re rooster he isn’t very likely to get hurt so if you don’t want to lift him up then I agree you can cross that bride if it comes. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom