Roosters

G’Day from down under Krabbykids
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with roosters as we are not allowed to have them here, just hens.

Flock Master64 has given you a good tip in that you could try setting up a bachelor pad for them.

I hope you are able to figure out a way to keep them that does not stress your hens out too much.

I also hope you enjoy BYC even more now you are a member. As you have mentioned, there are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Sounds like your hens are experiencing "battered hen syndrome" due to overmating. How many hens do you have? This kind of stress is very bad for them. You should separate the cockerels as soon as possible. A rabbit cage is adequate for a cockerel. Unless you have enough room for at least 20-40 hens you will need to rehome or permanently separate them, as any fewer than 20 hens will be too few for three cockerels.

Too few hens, too many roosters. I've guessing you only need one rooster. If you don't plan to sell chicks, or fertile eggs, you don't really need any roosters. The hens will be much happier without them.

Back
Top Bottom