Roosters

Jodyjroach

Hatching
Aug 2, 2021
Hi all! I'm hoping you can help me out. I know I have one rooster for sure, but I think I may have two more. If you could help me identify them, and if indeed they are roosters, I would appreciate it tons! I'm fairly new to chickens, especially roosters.
If the other two are indeed roosters, what should I do?! Three roosters is probably to much ony hens?! I only have 10 chickens, including these three "guys" the first one is Sammy, and I'm not sure of his breed. I know the other one is an Ameraucana, I'm just not sure if it's a rooster. The other one I think is a rooster but not sure of breed either.

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_071628973_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210801_071628973_PORTRAIT.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210802_082522869_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210802_082522869_PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210802_082328927_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210802_082328927_PORTRAIT.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hi all! I'm hoping you can help me out. I know I have one rooster for sure, but I think I may have two more. If you could help me identify them, and if indeed they are roosters, I would appreciate it tons! I'm fairly new to chickens, especially roosters.
If the other two are indeed roosters, what should I do?! Three roosters is probably to much ony hens?! I only have 10 chickens, including these three "guys"
That's a cockerel.

If the other two are indeed roosters, what should I do?! Three roosters is probably to much ony hens?! I only have 10 chickens, including these three "guys" the first one is Sammy, and I'm not sure of his breed. I know the other one is an Ameraucana, I'm just not sure if it's a rooster. The other one I think is a rooster but not sure of breed either.
The rest are pullets.

The one in the first photo is a cockerel (young rooster). The others look female but would need to see clearer, close up photos.
There is no magic number, but the general rule of thumb is 1 boy to 10 girls. 😊

I see one male (first pic). Other two look like pullets. But, how old? And can we get closer pics of face/comb/wattles of those two?

Back
Top Bottom