Roosting issue

4FD2A603-CC3D-4F90-9104-6ECDBAE63389.jpeg

This is the best I could get right now

That's why I asked for another photo:D I was thinking cockerel myself, but wanted a closer look.
Do you have a photo of the whole body - preferably a "side" view similar to what my avatar looks like?

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts!
I can’t keep it if it’s a cockerel! And am going to be very agrivated as I just had to bring 2 Barred rocks back to the same breeder b/c they were cockerels!
It is so beasutiful and my kids love her(him)??
Anyone in lower NY want it if it’s a rooster??

BYC has a section for re-homing chickens. I think you choose your location and create a new discussion. Be sure to include photos. Also try Craigslist in the farm section, and post flyers at your local feed stores.

He's lovely. Too bad you're not zoned for roosters.

I love your chicken coop and run, by the way. Nice setup!

I know the feeling I started out with 6. Already sent one Roo back and am quite sure I'm looking at 2 more that will be going back. I paid($10) more than the going rate with the guarantee to trade out for a pullet. the bad part is you end up investing time and then trade in on a younger bird, Oh the life of a BYC owner lol. I suppose I could have bought point of lay pullets(locally here for $10/11) but look at all the hours I would have missed wondering that old age question Roo or Pullet? There are over 89,000 topics on this site asking for help with Gender and Breed. I have read and researched for Hours and I doubt if I'll ever figure it out. There are a lot of folks on this site that have very good knowledge on these topics. and if you follow their posts they have a very success rate at identifying the Roo's and pullets.
Maybe ask the breeder to trade them out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom