Roosting Poles...new to this!

Quote:
stilwellchick, in that case I'll go with 2x4s - if you still have those articles handy, would you mind sharing them?

Quote:
fortunately the wood I am buying says 'arsenic free' - I had no idea why until now!

Adante; I don't have the articles at hand any more, I did a lot of research several years ago when making my coop building plan. Another thing also, if the roosts are too high it is harder on the heavy breeds when they jump down from them. Of course mine seem to kind of "fly down" most of the time. My roosts are about 3-3 1/2' off the ground. I do see them resting their entire bodies on the roost boards and think the wider surface it better support for them with less stress on their feet. They have an outdoor roost in their run that is made from a tree branch about 3" in diameter and they all line up on that is the daytime for a rest. They really seem to like it.

I like to go in the woods and get natural wood. I use branches off the trees it is most pleasing to me for me I think my girls like it. I thought they would like to feel at home...
D.gif

Looks pretty cool also....
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom