Rose comb: Will his comb "pop out" or is this how it is?

Keeping in mind that I am no expert, no facial whiskers is a disqualification. Without a tail on your white hen it's hard to say for sure if the carriage of the tail is appropriate. The eyes look kinda light and as I understand it, the darker the eye the better. She has a nice beard and muff though. @Amer might be a better person to ask when it comes to stuff like body structure, wing position, head broadness, stance and stuff.
Ok! I don't know if I am going to show them until a couple years from now or if I even will ever. I was just wondering in case I will ever enter them into 4H or something!:D

I wish chicken people in the US had easy access to chicken breeds from other countries just to maintain diversity in there own bloodline. Just day dreaming.
I wish I even knew how that worked. Can I just buy a plane ticket to Belgium (in hypothetical non-covid timeline) armed with a cat crate and an address to a willing supplier and come home with a couple birds?

I have two D'anvers that are both hens but I don't think either would be breeder or show quality. One is beard and muff less and I wonder if Nilla actually would be show quality. (Once her tail grows in I mean:lau) What do you think?
Nilla View attachment 2823594
Cookie
View attachment 2823598
The white hen would be breeder quality. Not show quality but good enough type to show someone was at least trying to breed to the Standard.

I wish I even knew how that worked. Can I just buy a plane ticket to Belgium (in hypothetical non-covid timeline) armed with a cat crate and an address to a willing supplier and come home with a couple birds?
If you want lavenders, you wouldn’t have to go so far to avoid an inverted spike. Tyler Johnson of Wisconsin still raises them I think and I know Wyatt Burnside of Indiana does.

Last edited:
If you want lavenders, you wouldn’t have to go so far to avoid an inverted spike. Tyler Johnson of Wisconsin still raises them I think and I know Wyatt Burnside of Illinois does.
To be honest, lavender isn't my jam, the list of possible colors in the mix I got had fun variety but I like the blues, Colombians, quails, red millefleurs, and golden necks. I dunno how to connect with other d'anvers breeders who don't participate in any online communities. I joined the d'anvers club of America Facebook group but it's a pretty dead place. I was hoping against hope that c19 would be under control by now so I could attend the state fair and maybe meet people at the 4h poultry show but I succumbed to my nerves about catching bat snack fever from antivax fairgoers and opted to continue sequestration.

I would have wanted a lavender roo only because what I was able to get my hands on was lavender crosses but I think I have a lot of research to do yet before I dive in to attempt a line to call my own. It sure would be nice to move, for a better acreage.

To be honest, lavender isn't my jam, the list of possible colors in the mix I got had fun variety but I like the blues, Colombians, quails, red millefleurs, and golden necks. I dunno how to connect with other d'anvers breeders who don't participate in any online communities. I joined the d'anvers club of America Facebook group but it's a pretty dead place. I was hoping against hope that c19 would be under control by now so I could attend the state fair and maybe meet people at the 4h poultry show but I succumbed to my nerves about catching bat snack fever from antivax fairgoers and opted to continue sequestration.

I would have wanted a lavender roo only because what I was able to get my hands on was lavender crosses but I think I have a lot of research to do yet before I dive in to attempt a line to call my own. It sure would be nice to move, for a better acreage.
Wyatt also has mille fluers. Tyler has the best quails in the area. I would recommend myself but this year my hatch sucked. Unless you want smutty beards. His didn't suck.
I'm not a fan of lavender either. It's crusty.
I have blues. They don't have any disqualifications, but they are of mediocre quality. The type needs work and the color needs even more work. However, they are the same quality you would find in literally any blue d'Anvers in the US. There are none better, and many the same.

The UK must have some kind of poultry gathering or forum, just to get a little more information of various bloodlines.

I read somewhere how GFF acquired there birds from different countries, it boiled down to a hefty price tag to make the travel to the US. So it does explain why they charge high for there chicks.

But for a novice breeder it would be too expensive. And not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom