Rosecomb featherlegged bantam?

RaeNS

Chirping
Apr 6, 2020
I got a a set of silver and gold seabright from the bantam bin of my local TSC, along with another set of D'anvers. However when I get home and put them in their brooder I notice one of the silvers has feathered legs. Okay, no problem I guess I got a cochin instead (they had a couple running around). However, the next time I get a chance to look closer I notice he has a rosecomb, and he also has almost no feathers on his feet, it's just the legs. Is this just a case of ending up with a hatchery mutt, or is there a breed out there that is rosecomb with feathered legs?

Here are pictures of the chick in question. Meet Mustang (as named by my son, who has since claimed the seabrights as his)
20200601_180953.jpg
20200601_181006.jpg
20200601_181031.jpg

For contrast Ford his pair
20200601_181124.jpg

Wouldn’t a Brahma be obvious tho? They’re not a bantam, or I’m unaware if they have a bantam variety.
bramahs only have feathers on there legs
There are brahma bantams, I actually have a bantam dark Brahma Cockerel right now.

I might have gone with Brahma but this one has very clear silver laced pattern coming in on the wings and the 3 row rose comb. My brahma had no visible comb until his pea comb started growing in.

There are brahma bantams, I actually have a bantam dark Brahma Cockerel right now.

I might have gone with Brahma but this one has very clear silver laced pattern coming in on the wings and the 3 row rose comb. My brahma had no visible comb until his pea comb started growing in.

Oh thanks for the correction! I learned something new today!

3 row rose comb???????

3 row rose comb???????

The 3 rows of a rosecomb would be the more correct wordage, but that's not the way my mind works.
20200603_083928.jpg

Like on my older D'anver I can see the 3 rows of the comb on all the seabright chicks so I know it's not a pea comb of a brahma.

Back
Top Bottom