Rosie died today.

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. Rosie knew you loved her.

Sorry
hugs.gif

Sometimes, you never know why they go. I've had two do that to me last year. No signs, no symptoms, no nothing.

You gave her a good life, and that's all we can do.

Thank you everyone for your very kind words. I did do a necropsy on Rosie, our Americauna who died, and the only thing I found was a fully formed egg inside her. There was no indication that the egg was "bound"; it looked like it was ready for her to lay it that day, but was still further up inside her, not down near the vent. Everything else inside was perfect, including heart and lungs. I can only guess that she died of some sort of brain aneurysm. We still miss her, but our roo has now bonded with our little banty hen. They are a silly looking pair. We have also adopted 2 new chicks: an Americauna named Sunny, and a Barred Plymouth Rock named Pansy. They're just adorable and growing very fast.

Congratulations on the new babies...they never replace those we have lost, but make our hearts grow bigger to make room for new loves...
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about your Rosie.
I am a new chook mum and I am amazed at how fond I have become of my two girls, and so quickly too. They become members of your family.

I am so sorry for your loss

I had a RIR just like that, came home one day and she was just laying there, still alive, but barely. I wrapped her in a towel and brought her inside
She then passed. Not sure why, but I thought a stroke. And trying to find the local extension office to do a necropsy - they really do not know what it means - it's been a month and no one has ansered any my questions on where to have one done.

Back
Top Bottom