Ross' Geese

xernex

Chirping
Jun 13, 2020
Benson NC
So the wife and I were lucky enough to attend Duckling day at Sylvan heights this weekend. I was totally in heaven and loved seeing "behind the curtain" of the operation. In the actual park though my wife absolutely fell in love with the Ross' Geese. I was curious if anyone in the group kept them.

So the wife and I were lucky enough to attend Duckling day at Sylvan heights this weekend. I was totally in heaven and loved seeing "behind the curtain" of the operation. In the actual park though my wife absolutely fell in love with the Ross' Geese. I was curious if anyone in the group kept them.
Oh that's so awesome!!! I have a female Ross' goose.
I know @The Phantom has a few as well.
They're super cute little things.

Oh that's so awesome!!! I have a female Ross' goose.
I know @The Phantom has a few as well.
They're super cute little things.
Super cute is an understatement!! I was spending time with the Nene's and a group of 4 Ross' came over - apparently jealous of all the food the Nene's were getting. Needless to say after they started "talking" and taking food from us they've been added to the list of birds I need haha!

Super cute is an understatement!! I was spending time with the Nene's and a group of 4 Ross' came over - apparently jealous of all the food the Nene's were getting. Needless to say after they started "talking" and taking food from us they've been added to the list of birds I need haha!
Haha! It is. :lol:
They have so much personality!
Do you have any "ornamental" birds?

Haha! It is. :lol:
They have so much personality!
Do you have any "ornamental" birds?

I do - I've got Mandarins, Wood Ducks, Common Shelducks, and White Faced Whistling Ducks. Hopefully picking up Nene's in the next few weeks. We're building a new house and planning a pretty large aviary so I can expand much, much more.

I do - I've got Mandarins, Wood Ducks, Common Shelducks, and White Faced Whistling Ducks. Hopefully picking up Nene's in the next few weeks. We're building a new house and planning a pretty large aviary so I can expand much, much more.
Oh that's awesome!!!
I'm building an aviary too.

Here's a short clip of the 4 we met, and a few Nene's
They're so cute!!!
Here's a couple pics of my girl. She's a little nervous still so I can't get too close.
20210614_124504_HDR~2.jpg
20210614_124331_HDR~2.jpg
20210614_124506~3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom