Rotate eggs?

JodyJo

Songster
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Colorado
I have the Hova Bator 1602N, I have 36 eggs in it, as of last night, 2 thermometers, one says 97, (its got a probe that I can move around, so I placed it beside the other one )the other says 100...question....do I rotate the outside eggs into the center to keep the temps equal throughout? I read this somewhere when you don't have a fan installed in the bator. I hatched out 5 last week, from 12 eggs....was hoping for better results this time...advice?

If your incubator is a still air (without a fan) I'd recommend bumping the temperature up to 101, that helps a little with the cool spots in the 'bator. I rotate mine from outside to inside everyday.

I have the Hova Bator 1602N, I have 36 eggs in it, as of last night, 2 thermometers, one says 97, (its got a probe that I can move around, so I placed it beside the other one )the other says 100...question....do I rotate the outside eggs into the center to keep the temps equal throughout? I read this somewhere when you don't have a fan installed in the bator. I hatched out 5 last week, from 12 eggs....was hoping for better results this time...advice?
If it has a fan, there should be no hot and cold spots. I would see if your thermometers are correct. Moving the eggs around the incubator is a good idea to make up for the small fluctuations in temp in any incubator. If it is a still air, 100 degrees is way too low. 102 is the temp for still air.

Back
Top Bottom