Rotating your eggs

you set the eggs so the air cell is slightly up in the air and you turn them side to side its easier to draw an x on one side and an o on the other and just turn them around on each side i did mine in the morning and at night (this is for when they are laying on their sides by the way) honestly i recommend getting an egg turner since you don't have to worry about forgetting or doing it wrong

Everyone seems to do it differently. Decades ago an old man that lived and was raised on a farm explained to me his take on humidity, and turning eggs. He explained that birds could not control the weather and humidity, and couldn't count the times they move the eggs, it all worked out due to random acts and the variations in nature. That is until man started building incubators and trying to apply precision to natures incubation with all its inconsistency, a birds hatching eggs is a series of random acts that cant be duplicated by man, just imitated This old fellow attributed some failure to having too much precision like perfect temp control and precise rotating and numbers of cycles a day with eggs. Right or wrong it did make me think.

I know it is hard to think that nature can outdo man, but as a bird we are pretty helpless. I think there are a lot of right ways to do it, and the closer to nature you get them better off the chicks are. What ever you do I would add some random movements into the process, nature does, and it has been working since the beginning of time.

Back
Top Bottom