Rotten eggs.

coolguy221822

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2015
My rouen duck just started to get broody, and she had about 12 eggs she had been saving up to lay on them. Today she started laying on them, but i had to discard them because they all smelled rotten. She wasnt happy with me, and i want happy with myself. There were 3 eggs that began devlopment. I felt realy bad after i threw those away. I live in florida, ands it xan be unbearably hot here. Im pretty sure the heat caused the eggs to go rotten. I would like to ask anyone if they have thensame problem as me, and how they took care of it. The eggs are in the shade too. I felt bad for the rouen too. She was squaking and running around:(. I feel horible. I would like to prevent this from happening again. Thanks you for your time.

Even assuming 12 eggs over 12 days, it may have been only 1-2 eggs that were rotten. Several of them would still be viable. Also if an egg was cracked, that might lead to the rotting smell while others were probably OK.

I've kept eggs up to 7 days before putting them in the incubator, so that all would hatch around the same time.

You can candle some eggs before tossing all away, in case you want your duck to still be sitting on some.

Back
Top Bottom