Rotten spoiled feed

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
I bought a 50lb bag of 24% starter crumbles from TSC the other day for near $14.00, got it home to pour in my feed can, opened it and pee-you!!!!!! Rotten, spoiled as the day is long. Went to return it and they didn't want to refund my money. They wanted me to get another bag. I said NO WAY! More than likely if it was from the same pallet or shipment it too would have been rotten. The only reason I got credit for the feed was because I bought something else unrelated to the bad feed. I know now... I will stick to Southern States, I can depend on their feed source. Anyone ever had bad feed experience?
I'm still trying to get people here to understand about DE. I guess I'm gonna have to become a sales rep. for my area, since no one here has ever heard of it. The feed stores look at me like I'm crazy for asking about DE.
Just thought I'd share my bad feed adventure. Make sure you check your feed before pouring it out. You might have a bad bag of it.

Last edited:
I buy from the TSC here in ocala and have never had a problem with chicken/rabbit/horse feed. But they are really nice here and they know me too.
Plus I'm in there all the time they even hold me back a bag of horse shine for Finale me. A local lady buys every bag she can get her hands on.

I have never had a problem at ours. I buy my feed there all the time. We have a pretty healthy chicken population here cause the chicken feed seems to really move! I was lucky to get my bags of feed last week as they were the last ones! Don't let 1 bad bag spoil that store for you. Sometimes you don't know what happened during shipping or at the main warehouse. Accidents happen.

Back
Top Bottom