Rouen Duck thread

All 6 of my Rouens are so sweet and docile, they are 5 mos old now and so beautiful. I really love how females blend in as we have plenty of pretators ready to make a snack of them.

do u put them up at night ?

anyway if they free range during the day be sure that if they are standing on bright green grass to be sure there are no predators around

They do go into a predador proof house my hubby built for them at dusk, and I let the out when I get up.

They have eaten everything green in their 70'x12' wide 5' high fenced in yard but I toss them lots of greens from my garden everyday and give them organic lettuce mix (no spinach). I have some red clover I started growing last year as a cover crop abd Its their fav, and I read the best greens 4 them.
I only have 2 of them in my flock, the 4 males I ordered with my pair are at a friends farm but we visited them Sat. And they are doing good.

New to poultry, we have 5 week oldRouen's,
296a940c2527f465ccecca846171ea6c.jpg
I'm guessing one duck and three drakes. The suspected female has a much lighter head color and a ton more brown on her back feathers

I just finished the turdunken coop
8843c093c3cd61add7d5469f3fb453ac.jpg
a few days ago. We have some new Hampshire reds and Bourbon reds coming from efowl the beginning of may.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have 4 females and two males Rodger the Rouen and Pinky the Mallard but have them seperated in two separate areas.( one Rouen named Rouena , one white crested named Pom Pom, one mallard named Nibble, and a Khaki Cambell named Brownie)

The extra Rouen males I ordered from Metzer Farms are at a friends farm.

Back
Top Bottom