Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Awesome that you made them a pond too! We decided to do that last year also. Didn't get any truck liners and the pond liners were WAY out of our price range. But SO knows some company that just reroofed a school and we got the access rubber roof liner which fit perfectly and is very heavy duty also!

Our pond is about 8' x 5' and about 3' deep with a shallow area and a couple of built is steps for them to get in and out. Ours are like yours, as soon as there is water they are in it. Lol. Diving under each other and just having fun.

Meanwhile our backyard flooded so bad we have a natural 'lake' and we let them in there right now, as bug and mosquito control patrol! I hope they eat tons of this beasts cuz otherwise this years summer is gonna be brutal!

Okay, back to feed the screaming ducklings again. Then start making dinner for him. Ttyl and stay dry and safe!

This is my pond is about 2 acts I have no idea how deep it is , not deep enough to support alligators though

I would love to have a pond that size. I do plan on digging one about that size we have 10 acres which i think a one acre pond would be very nice.A friend of mine has a back hoe and a ditch witch.We plan on digging a large pond this summer after I have cleared the area behind my chicken yard.

I pushed the wrong button and posted before I was ready.

One of my ducks has a button on the top of her head. It's sort of like a mole. Every one of her ducklings has it.I gave my grand kids a duckling last year with a fairly large button. This duck looks like it has a feathered pom pom on the top of his head.They love their ducky and he does look silly. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever had ducks with this (for lack of better words) button on it"s head? It's not life threatening it's just an abnormality That I find cute.At least I know which ducklings are hers.

Hi everyone! I'm new to owning ducks. I have a pair of rouins and 3 pekins. My rouins are about 10 days old now and are separated from the pekins because of size difference. Here's a picture of my 2 babies. They are from TSC.

Last edited:
Can you feed your ducks little fish? I want to get some feeder fish from the pet store and put in my ducks pond(swimming pool). If you can how old would they need to be. Mine are almost 10 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom