Rouen Duck thread

Just went to the gazebo to check on my sitting Rouen and saw a couple of heads poking out under her wing!!! I gently lifted her and found 2 more. So she got 4 tiny babies right now!!!!

Immediately put a shallow bowl of water and some oatmeal/scrambled egg by her. Will see how she is doing these next few days as there are more eggs under her!

I
Just went to the gazebo to check on my sitting Rouen and saw a couple of heads poking out under her wing!!! I gently lifted her and found 2 more. So she got 4 tiny babies right now!!!!

Immediately put a shallow bowl of water and some oatmeal/scrambled egg by her. Will see how she is doing these next few days as there are more eggs under her!

. I am anxiously waiting for mine to hatch. It's been about 28 days. Yours are so cute. Hopefully I will have some soon.

Thanks, cgrant!
This is her third (or fourth?) try in hatching some herself. First the harsh long winter, then the fickle temps made it very difficult for her to get her clutch and warm at the same time. Now she finally did it! I'm so happy for her!

I have a sick Rouen here, almost totally feathered out she is tired and anti social with glassy eyes and green runny poops. Drinking but not interested in food as much as the others also reluctant to swim... Coccidiosis? I will call vet tomorrow but ducks aren't exactly their specialty...

I have a sick Rouen here, almost totally feathered out she is tired and anti social with glassy eyes and green runny poops. Drinking but not interested in food as much as the others also reluctant to swim... Coccidiosis? I will call vet tomorrow but ducks aren't exactly their specialty...

Cocci is possible, but I think much less likely to occur, than say, egg peritonitis, hardware disease, or other illness. Need more info to help, sorry.

What is with all this pulling by the tail feathers business? TotLly unnecessary-- just pick the bird up. 9 out of 10 times, a girl will quack.

Tail feather pulling? sorry must be a miss understanding , I just pick them up. They're young, the feather comment was a reference to age... Almost totally feathered out still developing flight feathers not laying yet and all 6 still look like hens at this point. Thank you for the leads to research holy duck farmer. No feather pulling here. What about toxoplasmosis ? Is this possible ? A lot of cats at my house...any way thanks

Back
Top Bottom