Rouen Duck thread

I have 2 female rouens Petunia and Layfette and one male Pete. I was going to let them hatch out a clutch of eggs and see what happens. Layfette is Pete and petunia's daughter. 1st question should I let them hatch out a clutch since they are breeding father to daughter? 2nd question about how many eggs will they set in their clutch before they sit on it?

Our Rouen drake, Snickers, is getting his beautiful colors :D

Aw, he's precious!  Wish one of my Rouens had been the drake of the group instead of my Pekin, but I'm so happy/lucky that I ended up with only one drake.   :yesss:

Yes you are lucky! I am positive that 3 of 8 are drakes and waiting for 1 more to let me know if s/he is a drake or a hen. The Peking is the aggressor and chases the Khaki Campbell drake around often so he will be the first to go!

Hi I have 5 rouens, 3 Pekin and a black duck
I can't figure out what kind he is. My rouens are about a 6-8weeks old. I was wondering when they start laying eggs in order for them to hatch do I have to do anything with them? Or can I just leave them alone these are my babies about a month ago

Hi I have 5 rouens, 3 Pekin and a black duck
I can't figure out what kind he is. My rouens are about a 6-8weeks old. I was wondering when they start laying eggs in order for them to hatch do I have to do anything with them? Or can I just leave them alone these are my babies about a month ago
If the duck is all black id guess Cayuga but if you had a pic I could tell you for sure.

Back
Top Bottom