Rouen sex

joyj23

Chirping
Jun 10, 2023
Tennessee
I have these 3 Rouens that are at least 10 weeks. Can’t see any green heads or tail curls. Just checking to see what you all think?
First pic has always had a darker bill.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    636 KB · Views: 11
Best way to tell is by sound, at this age. My females started quacking by now. Males won't, they may retain their baby peeping longer, and when they do begin to vocalize it will be more raspy.

My two drakelings still aren't doing this, and they're three months old. The females half their age are quacking loud and strong.

Best way to tell is by sound, at this age. My females started quacking by now. Males won't, they may retain their baby peeping longer, and when they do begin to vocalize it will be more raspy.

My two drakelings still aren't doing this, and they're three months old. The females half their age are quacking loud and strong.
I get some good solid” wack wack wack wacks “ when I come out or they’re alerting me. Would that be a hen right? I have seen one try to mount my golden hybrid or she’ll flatten out and one or two may nibble on her neck so I thought maybe dominance but I kinda feel like all 6 may have paired up. Not 💯 and no drake feathers on any of my 6 (2 Cayuga’s,1 Golden,3 Rouens which were the OG 3) I am so confused.

I get some good solid” wack wack wack wacks “ when I come out or they’re alerting me. Would that be a hen right? I have seen one try to mount my golden hybrid or she’ll flatten out and one or two may nibble on her neck so I thought maybe dominance but I kinda feel like all 6 may have paired up. Not 💯 and no drake feathers on any of my 6 (2 Cayuga’s,1 Golden,3 Rouens which were the OG 3) I am so confused.
Yeah, if it's nice and loud, you've got a girl, lol.

Back
Top Bottom