Rouen sexing

If that is how you got it, it could actually be a Silver Appleyard, which then it is possible to have that ring and be a female. We have one now that we got from the assortment tub as that is all they ever have at our local store also. We took one look and it looked just like a Rouen, however it developed the ring, which was confusing as it started quacking, until that point we were convinced she was a he lol. She even other than her ring looked like a Rouen when she got her juvenile feathers, besides she also seemed to have a more whitish bib than any pictures of Rouen. We actually got some Rouen females from a hatchery now. They are in adult feathers, and their design is almost identical, but she is a totally lighter brown than them. I had posted a picture asking what she was, and if it was possible she was a Rouen. I was informed she looked like the Silver Appleyard and sure enough she does. It was harder to find, but after being told that I looked into that breed. If you look on Metzer's website at their Silver Appleyard, they have two colors of ducklings showing. One that looks identical to Rouen, at least to me, and the why they are by standard suppose to look. I have attached some images of her, and also what one of our actual Rouen looked like as a duckling, and now, the Rouen duckling is the one in the hand.
oh my gosh! yes! maybe thats the missing link! her little collar makes an M on the back of her neck where it meets her stripes if that makes a difference but i vent checked again and she looks like a girl full on, and i watched enough videos to see the little peen, so i don't believe i'm confused, this is probably why lol thank you so much!

oh my gosh! yes! maybe thats the missing link! her little collar makes an M on the back of her neck where it meets her stripes if that makes a difference but i vent checked again and she looks like a girl full on, and i watched enough videos to see the little peen, so i don't believe i'm confused, this is probably why lol thank you so much!
I don't know to be honest on the m. She might have, but can't really say either way. She is our most friendly duck at this time. I've read some people claim they are some of the more friendly and good breed for pet ducks.

I don't know to be honest on the m. She might have, but can't really say either way. She is our most friendly duck at this time. I've read some people claim they are some of the more friendly and good breed for pet ducks.
I tried to ask orschlens if they had a breed log but they said hoover hatchery gave choice of streight run. shes got tail feathers that are so pretty, i know its her first set in after the fluff but they don't point up, they point down. and a lot of the breeds i found on their site don't fit up to what she looks like. i'm about to call them and ask which three breed types they sent lol

I tried to ask orschlens if they had a breed log but they said hoover hatchery gave choice of streight run. shes got tail feathers that are so pretty, i know its her first set in after the fluff but they don't point up, they point down. and a lot of the breeds i found on their site don't fit up to what she looks like. i'm about to call them and ask which three breed types they sent lol
Hopefully they can tell you, ours came from Metzer when we got ours from the store, don't know if that was where she came from as it was the next set we had gotten and was having issues identifying, so ended up contacting them. They was really nice to me and promptly informed me they couldn't tell me what they sent the store, but offered to help if I would send them some photos. In the end what they said, was infact what they ended up being.

Hopefully they can tell you, ours came from Metzer when we got ours from the store, don't know if that was where she came from as it was the next set we had gotten and was having issues identifying, so ended up contacting them. They was really nice to me and promptly informed me they couldn't tell me what they sent the store, but offered to help if I would send them some photos. In the end what they said, was infact what they ended up being.
nope, the store said they were hatchery choice streight run and hoovers said she could be any they have that look like her. she's a dull color, but this collar has me perplexed lol i'm wondering if she isn't a golden cascade because it looks more like her. but a plus, i found out the 14th was her hatch day! she's exactly two weeks tomarrow!

nope, the store said they were hatchery choice streight run and hoovers said she could be any they have that look like her. she's a dull color, but this collar has me perplexed lol i'm wondering if she isn't a golden cascade because it looks more like her. but a plus, i found out the 14th was her hatch day! she's exactly two weeks tomarrow!

Yeah, could be, I looked at Hoover's site and those, and so that could be another possibility. You might not know until it gets it's adult feathers. I wasn't aware of that breed, nice to know now. Either way that breed looks real nice and will turn out one cutie I'm sure!

Yeah, could be, I looked at Hoover's site and those, and so that could be another possibility. You might not know until it gets it's adult feathers. I wasn't aware of that breed, nice to know now. Either way that breed looks real nice and will turn out one cutie I'm sure!
Here are better picks :)

Attachments

• 20230327_183403.jpg
    20230327_183403.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230327_183416.jpg
    20230327_183416.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230327_183338.jpg
    20230327_183338.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 2
Here are better picks :)
Really a cutie. I personally really love when they look like this, have a few I incubated from our girls, and a couple look similar. Have one that is really strange as it also has similar markings, yet is more of a like brown instead of black.

Attachments

• PXL_20230325_142750119.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230325_142750119.MP.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 2
Really a cutie. I personally really love when they look like this, have a few I incubated from our girls, and a couple look similar. Have one that is really strange as it also has similar markings, yet is more of a like brown instead of black.
Yes! She has dull tones instead of streight black so im not sure but she apperently got a spurt over night because shes getting white and dark splotches too lol i guess we will see. She gives hugs now. I was absent this morning and the kids had her out the whole time. She was eating when i got home but oh man was she happy to see me! Snuggled in my neck and pipped and gave kisses. It may be extra sense we have just her but its so worth it :)

Attachments

• 20230328_130737.jpg
    20230328_130737.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes! She has dull tones instead of streight black so im not sure but she apperently got a spurt over night because shes getting white and dark splotches too lol i guess we will see. She gives hugs now. I was absent this morning and the kids had her out the whole time. She was eating when i got home but oh man was she happy to see me! Snuggled in my neck and pipped and gave kisses. It may be extra sense we have just her but its so worth it :)
Awe, that is one of the best parts of it all, when they will trust you enough to do that! Our SA, Hope, comes up to us, she doesn't like to be picked up, but she will hug and nibble on you once you got her. She is quite unique compared to all our others. Some just basically refuse, they all definitely have their own personalities.

Back
Top Bottom