Rough morning

Chispylandia

Chirping
Jul 9, 2020
Puerto Rico
Gm, I woke up this morning to find this little fella (Silkie chick) laying all wierd and extremely weak, he also had a pasty butt. I separated him from the other chicks and cleaned his vent. Is there anything else I should be doing or looking for? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200711_090854.jpg
    20200711_090854.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 16
Gm, I woke up this morning to find this little fella (Silkie chick) laying all wierd and extremely weak, he also had a pasty butt. I separated him from the other chicks and cleaned his vent. Is there anything else I should be doing or looking for? Thanks in advance.
Poor thing! :hugs

Can it drink or eat?
Not sure what's going on there, has it been normally active, walking o.k., etc.?
With it being a Silkie, I would lean toward a neurological problem. You can try giving it 2-3 drops direct dose of Poultry Nutri-Drench twice a day to see if that helps.

Very possible it's failing to thrive and needs to be put down.

Poor thing! :hugs

Can it drink or eat?
Not sure what's going on there, has it been normally active, walking o.k., etc.?
With it being a Silkie, I would lean toward a neurological problem. You can try giving it 2-3 drops direct dose of Poultry Nutri-Drench twice a day to see if that helps.

Very possible it's failing to thrive and needs to be put down.
Hi, he/she is drinking and eating, besides the pasty butt and looking weak at moments (drunk like) I don't see much wrong, I did just notice he/she keeps shaking the head. I have it separated from the rest if the chicks for now.

Hi, he/she is drinking and eating, besides the pasty butt and looking weak at moments (drunk like) I don't see much wrong, I did just notice he/she keeps shaking the head. I have it separated from the rest if the chicks for now.
So she can get up, walk/run around and eat/drink on her own? If so that's great!
I would still give her some PND twice a day to give her a boost.

Back
Top Bottom