Roughly 7 weeks old, What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frizzy Chicks, May 5, 2011.

1. Frizzy Chicks

Frizzy Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    All 11 chicks are about 7 weeks old. 5 are red, 3 are white, and 3 are black. I chose one from each to show so we can figure out what they are.

White Group
    [​IMG]

Red Group
    [​IMG]

Black Group
    [​IMG]

2. phantomml

phantomml Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    New Waterford
    They look like what I bought from TSC as Americanas. Were they like little chipmunks as babies?

3. Frizzy Chicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    only the white ones were chipmunks. The black ones were black and the red ones were red and yellow babies

4. mandapanda3186

mandapanda3186 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    southwest Michigan
    Look like ee's to me. And your black one(bottom chick) looks like a roo.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Do they have greenish legs? And WOW...yeah...that last shot is a cockerel for sure, lol.

6. Frizzy Chicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    You think they are all EE's? I really dont care, just wondering what color eggs Im going to have. Also Out of the 11 I got from the farm, 5 are Roos. The black pictured is a Roo, the white picutred is a roo but I cant figure out what happened to his comb, why its small and looks like to combs side by side. and three of the 5 red ones are roos.

7. Frizzy Chicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    none have greenish legs. I believe everyone has yellow legs. and one has white legs.

8. mandapanda3186

mandapanda3186 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    southwest Michigan
    I have 3 ees that do not have greenish legs. They're yellow. Two started out yellow, are now white and there's black coming through. They were labeled at tsc as americaunas. Fat chance...they're ees.(mine) I'm still new but I don't know any breeds that have colors so mixed like those do...besides EEs. Maybe somebody else knows more:confused:

9. Frizzy Chicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    I got them from a farm. The lady told me " This is a farm, I dont know when they were born, what they are, and they lay brown and white eggs ". If I go by the parents and she was telling me the truth about white and brown, I thought they couldnt be ee's. Do ee's only lay colored eggs?

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

It sounds like the farm has a mixed flock of laying breeds. Your birds are probably mixes of the different breeds. The red one looks like it's feathering in with mille fleur coloring. Pretty birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by