1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Round styrofoam incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by enola, Jan 2, 2013.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Years ago I hatched some baby guineas in a borrowed incubator . . . I wish I could find another one like it.

It was styrofoam, round, with windows for checking the thermometer and eggs. With a sheet of wire to lay the eggs on and a wafer thermostat.

If anyone can tell me anything about an incubator like this I will be greatful!

2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Hmm... never seen one before but they sound interesting. Keep my eyes open for one :)

3. HatchCraft

HatchCraft Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    What you had was an old gqf hovabator. I would guess about 30 years old. They are square now to accommodate the optional auto turner. The 1602n is the current model .

4. Sphynxcrazy

Sphynxcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    I have one a relative gave to me. Testing it right now. Can post a pic if somone wants.

5. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Of course, we want pics![​IMG]

6. Kevinwsibley86

Kevinwsibley86 Just Hatched

Sep 21, 2012
    I would like to buy one! Kevin Sibley Sanford NC 919-356-0335 Looking for a second incubator for day 18 eggs off the turner so I can continually add eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by