Round worm in poop

9reasons

Chirping
Oct 29, 2022
I have Piperazine solution here that I would like to give to each of my 3 chickens individually rather than in water, so I know they have had their dose as I found a round worm in some poop this morning 🤢 I gave them 1ml each in their mash this morning, but I’m starting to think, after some Googling, that might not be enough? The dosage in water is clear but per hen by mouth is vague. Can anybody assist please?

I have Piperazine solution here that I would like to give to each of my 3 chickens individually rather than in water, so I know they have had their dose as I found a round worm in some poop this morning 🤢 I gave them 1ml each in their mash this morning, but I’m starting to think, after some Googling, that might not be enough? The dosage in water is clear but per hen by mouth is vague. Can anybody assist please?
What is the concentration of the Piperazine you have?
The dosage for an adult chicken (over 20 weeks) is 100 mg. Repeat the single dose in 7 to 10 days.

Since piperazine only eliminates large roundworms, and you want to give it orally to each chicken, it would be in your best interest to worm your birds with Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen. Either of these wormers are given orally and they eliminate ALL TYPES of poultry roundworms including large roundworms.

What is the concentration of the Piperazine you have?
The dosage for an adult chicken (over 20 weeks) is 100 mg. Repeat the single dose in 7 to 10 days.
012A157C-C102-43C1-8CED-1239D343702D.jpeg

How much of this per chicken should I give? I am confused with the mg bit as I have a solution. Thanks

As dawg53 said, you would be better off using SafeGuard or even Valbazen, since those treat more types of possible worms, even ones that cannot be seen. The piperazine is concentrated, and I’m not sure that it should be given undiluted orally. But her below is the dosage.

I am terrible at math so double check me. The solution says it is 172.5 grams per liter. So you would divide 172.5 by 1000 milileters, and that should give you 172.5 miligrams per milileter or 172.5 mg per ml. If you need to give 100 mg for a grown chicken, then give 1.7 ml. Again check my math.

As dawg53 said, you would be better off using SafeGuard or even Valbazen, since those treat more types of possible worms, even ones that cannot be seen. The piperazine is concentrated, and I’m not sure that it should be given undiluted orally. But her below is the dosage.

I am terrible at math so double check me. The solution says it is 172.5 grams per liter. So you would divide 172.5 by 1000 milileters, and that should give you 172.5 miligrams per milileter or 172.5 mg per ml. If you need to give 100 mg for a grown chicken, then give 1.7 ml. Again check my math.
I really appreciate you helping me, my math is not brilliant, this is what the back of the bottle says about giving it in mash…

Attachments

• 0BE05DE2-DD6C-47F6-863D-B02C009C3812.jpeg
    0BE05DE2-DD6C-47F6-863D-B02C009C3812.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 3
Piperazine only will treat roundworms. It won’t treat capillary or gapeworms. Those usually cannot be seen without a microscope.
It was a roundworm in the poop and I have this on hand now so I would like to get this into them initially. I will get a better one shortly.

It was a roundworm in the poop and I have this on hand now so I would like to get this into them initially. I will get a better one shortly.
So after sleeping on it I feel I need to do something more for them as one definitely has worms and to be honest after hours of googling and talking on forums I realise now this product I bought from a pet shop, only treats one kind of worm so when my local farm supply shop opens soon I’m going to go down, discuss what I’ve done and get something more broad-spectrum and get it into them today. I guess this is how we grow as chicken owners…I’ve gone from being quite naive about the subject to being worm informed overnight!! 😂 lol

Back
Top Bottom