Ruby has suddenly gone blind..

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts on Ruby...she if anything is getting heavier..she eats,drinks and gets good exercise every day..no deterioration in her wellbeing, today she surprised me by finding her own food and water containers by herself without any prompting from me...she does peck in a lot of directions normally but she went straight to her water container this evening...I hoped she had regained some of her vision but she did peck wildly for a few moments until she found her water and feed...she shows absolutely no response if I put a finger across her eyes...

I do not know if a Vet in France would ever contemplate carrying out a necropsy, my dog Vet is a friend and I will ask her if this is a possibility...if you do not hear from me again it may be that she has had me sectioned for being mentally unstable...

I am considered weird here as I treat my chickens like family...cleaning out their coops every day, disinfecting all areas they frequent and talking to them...c'est la vie!

Ruby and I am so thankful to you for your input!

Back
Top Bottom