Rufous the roo babysits

This is Rufous a month or so back when he had just started crowing

Screenshot_20210917-152938_Gallery.jpg

And Rufous Dad Ziggy loves Ludwig's name and insists his name should be spelt Sigi, short for Siegfried.. the proper German way hahaha

He used to be "En Croute" because he was the persistent pasty-butt chick. But DH asked to name the first rooster Ludwig because he'd be the king of an expensive palace -- which led us to naming the new coop "Neuchickenstein".

He used to be "En Croute" because he was the persistent pasty-butt chick. But DH asked to name the first rooster Ludwig because he'd be the king of an expensive palace -- which led us to naming the new coop "Neuchickenstein".
Haha I love it.. Here in Zimbabwe's native tongue, Shona, a chicken is called a Huku ( hoo coo, sounds like coukoo). The ancient King of this land was known as Monomatapa. We also have a large landmark hotel in the city called The Monomatapa.. so I have called my coop Hukumatapa šŸ˜†

Here's a funny little clip of Rufous (back) and his brother (up front) getting nesty about a month ago. Rufous had been cornered by the big non crested cock Pharoah and been knocked down a peg.. he had a tiny injury on his comb that day.

His brother went to a divine new home to 3 girls later that same day. The boys were still growing their crest tassels back then.

My voice is so high pitched when I talk to them.. haha hilariousšŸ¤£ it's the same when I talk to my cat šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜†

Here's a funny little clip of Rufous (back) and his brother (up front) getting nesty about a month ago. Rufous had been cornered by the big non crested cock Pharoah and been knocked down a peg.. he had a tiny injury on his comb that day.

His brother went to a divine new home to 3 girls later that same day. The boys were still growing their crest tassels back then.

My voice is so high pitched when I talk to them.. haha hilariousšŸ¤£ it's the same when I talk to my cat šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜†

Your voice is beautiful! ā¤ļø

But then it's in their genes. Here's their Dad Ziggy, showing our funny rescue mixed standard x bantam pullet Pea, how to lay eggs. She thought there were treats in there hehehe. Volume up to hear him go šŸ¤©

Back
Top Bottom