Rumpless Cream Legbar and possibly a dwarf?

Lois Lake

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2020
DeBerry, Texas
Help!
I bought some Cream Legbar chicks and one of them is rumpless. She has been doing fine, but now I notice her legs are not growing and she is having difficulty flying up to the roost. She is walking very funny now, too. Of course, she is last in the pecking order. She is now just sleeping in the corner of the coop. When she gets out she stays clear of the other chickens. She eats and drinks normally. I feel so sorry for her. What is the matter with her? There is nothing out on the internet that explains what is happening. I think she will eventially just not be able to walk. I posted a picture of her that was taken a few months ago. Maybe Marek's disease? She's about 7-8 months now.

Attachments

• IMG_3540 (2).jpg
    IMG_3540 (2).jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 35
Hopefully you can see the attached video of my poor rumpless chicken. She has just gone downhill this week. Her legs have shortened and she is unsteady. Another thing, she has the most unusual voice. It's like a deep squawk. Not like the chirps of the other chickens. She has always been this way. In addition, now her head looks to be crooked and not in the middle of her shoulders. It's almost like MS for chickens? It is so unusually. Any insight is appreciated.https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/downlo....yahoo.com/d/iframemsg?id=download-1258530986

Last edited:
Sometimes Avian Encephalomyelitis (AE) can cause stunted growth as well as weird neck positions. Vitamin deficiencies can also cause this as well.

Back
Top Bottom