Run almost done. This is taking forever!!

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
So the run is built. It's 10 x 20. We still have more work to do. Seems like this project is never ending. . . The girls are enjoying their run and free range time under the trees. I've been working on getting it painted the old fashioned way: roller and brush. Wire is on, just no pics yet. Still need to put the nest boxes in too. So now I have a giant chicken coop in my front yard
smile.png

Front view: Back view:
49067_img_7575.jpg
49067_img_7572.jpg

I feel your pain. Mine coop is 7/8 finished and the girls have moved in about 4 weeks ago. Will this project ever end? Keep plugging away. Maybe this is why other BYC members advise you to build your coop THEN obtain the chickens. Oh well, we'll have eggs sooner.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Me too!! Its a good thing I didnt know how long this would take, but man are my carpentry skills up a notch!!! I work on it alone during the week, my husband helps out when hes home on the weekends. Our finish date was actually June 5....that run is a bugger!!! Weve always used old rabbit hutches before, thanks to BYC, we now have a nice 8x8 coop with a 24x10 run, pred proof I hope! My chicks are 2 months old, I wonder what it would be like to be patient and have everything built and ready???
wink.png

Our run is 10x21 feet...got the roof on before DH had to go back to work Tuesday. He comes home in the morning after working tonight...4th will find us putting wire on the run and building the door and roosts. Gotta make arrangements for a load of sand for the run.

We are hot climate so we made the run predator safe so the chickens can roost in the run during the hot months.

Back
Top Bottom