Runner duck or just weird duck?

wrenhen

Songster
May 14, 2021
Midwest
I got some mystery ducklings at a farm store and as they've grown one of the crested ducklings is seeming rather slender and has an odd crook in its neck. When it straightens its neck out it still has kind of a bend there. I cant tell if its just an awkward runner duckling or if it has an actual neck deformity. It isnt crooked to the sides, just the front where it bends. It eats, drinks, and behaves regular.I know time will tell but wanted to see if anyone had a guess.

IMG_2210.jpg

I got some mystery ducklings at a farm store and as they've grown one of the crested ducklings is seeming rather slender and has an odd crook in its neck. When it straightens its neck out it still has kind of a bend there. I cant tell if its just an awkward runner duckling or if it has an actual neck deformity. It isnt crooked to the sides, just the front where it bends. It eats, drinks, and behaves regular.I know time will tell but wanted to see if anyone had a guess.

View attachment 3788818
Looks like a runner duck to me

Awesome flock!

In my option (I know basically nothing about runners so... grain of salt) I think that's a runner?

Also, something you should keep in mind, crests are a genetic mutation; and there isn't any skull under the crest, so it's feather and skin protecting their brain. Cute, but next time when you get ducks, maybe don't get crested?

Back
Top Bottom