Runner duck with a limp

Sep 18, 2019
SW Washington
Woke up to let my ducks out and one of my runner's has a limp. I did grab her and feel for bumble foot but didn't seem that way it is really muddy and hard to visual check with one person. If it isn't bumble what else could it be and should I isolate her she she can recover if it is muscular skeletal problem?

Woke up to let my ducks out and one of my runner's has a limp. I did grab her and feel for bumble foot but didn't seem that way it is really muddy and hard to visual check with one person. If it isn't bumble what else could it be and should I isolate her she she can recover if it is muscular skeletal problem?
Could it be an over zealous drake? Mating on land can cause injury to the females. If so, you will want to isolate her (or him) so she can recover.

Could it be an over zealous drake? Mating on land can cause injury to the females. If so, you will want to isolate her (or him) so she can recover.
We totally think that is what it is. She is definitely the favorite duck of the boys. We verified it isn't bumble foot and have her in a dog crate living the simple life

Back
Top Bottom