runny brown poop

This thread was helpful thanks to all of you for answering my question about brown runny poop. Now I will stop worrying so much lost three chickens in four years due to parasites, varmints and sour crop and insects. Been a long four years.

Thank you for this link.
I am having issues...I lost a pet chick last night to a kidney disease. We are still waiting on labs to come back. She was a pet...not for eggs, so we are absolutely crushed. We got 2 more FOR HER as company. They aren't as human friendly, but they adored her. They're currently spending all day crying and searching for her...it's utterly heartbreaking.
I am also worried about their health. While they seem healthy, they hide things well. Daisy did, and she's dead now. I called several bird vets. Many are no longer taking chickens or they require a $450 complete work-up per bird.
My 2 remaining have been pooing weird...large, brown clumps and runny...I was freaking out, but it seems it's cecal. I started the plain yogurt/oatmeal protocol.

So, I am entirely grateful for the input and links here.

Speaking of poo: I just integrated two 12 wk old Light Brahmas in with my girls and I think the change of environment and the head chicken who is not having intruders and is mildly threatening (hardly any touching but lots of looming and getting in their space) has caused one of them to have a caramel colored runny stool. I was standing there when I saw it. I have them on 20% game bird and plenty of water. They are healthy, just freaked out so I think it's stress. Any suggestions on how to mitigate this?

Back
Top Bottom