Runny Chick poop (with photo). is this concerning?

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
I noticed this poop one time 2 days ago when some of my chicks came home and then again today. I can narrow it down to 4 of my girls because they were all standing on this when it happened. I can't be sure how old they are. 3 weeks maybe? some younger. No one is acting ill. Everyone eating, drinking and full of energy. Their food is medicated and I gave them probiotic from the feed store the day they came home. I keep everything clean and fresh in the brooder. Is this something to be concerned with?

Attachments

• IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 204
Thanks for posting this @ForFlocksSake. I have my first chicks ever (4 barred rock pullets, 3 weeks old.) all of them have poop like this but they are full of energy and look great. I’ve been feeding them Nutrena chick food and putting a bit of apple cider vinegar with the mother in their water (1tbsp per gallon). For treats I have given them moist mealworms, blueberries, thyme and mint. (They love thyme!) I have tried black soldier fly grubs but they ignore them. Either they’re too big or they don’t like them dry. I worried the treats I give them may cause watery poops but sounds like this is pretty normal.

Back
Top Bottom