Runny excretion no white from 4month chicken

Hello. Have you read my posts? The feed pot is still almost full of pellets. Chickens are not eating it. Will they starve themselves because of disinterest in their food?

I’m worried that one of my chickens is sick.
today all chicken crops are soft; haven’t found the runny poop but later I’ll let them roam and follow her around for a picture. Only symptom is diarrhea. Fed her only Purina’s organic layer Pellets today
Chickens are not feasting on the layer pellets alone; no runny poop seen today;
Chickens are not feasting on the layer pellets alone
Hello. Have you read my posts? The feed pot is still almost full of pellets. Chickens are not eating it. Will they starve themselves because of disinterest in their food?
Yes, we are reading your posts...any other symptoms? Sorry, you mention runny poop, but no mention of lethargy, crop not emptying, etc.
Photos of the poop would be helpful :)

Chickens are not feasting on pellets alone? So what are you providing them?

Here's a poop article - maybe you can see some poop that looks similar to what you are seeing? Could it be Cecal poop that you are seeing?

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/

Thank you for the poop article. It was very helpful, but my chicken has poop with no white; green and liquid; no worms, hardly any solid to it. I am giving them nothing but layer feed and a few black sunflower seeds as snacks. They have not eaten the pellets for two days now.

The chick feed was a crumble, yes? Sometimes chickens have a hard time adjusting to pellets, especially when they are offered a buffet of tasty treats. See if they will take crumble, and lay off the treats and grass. If all goes well, slowly reintroduce pellets. Resist the temptation to offer treats till they are eating what they are supposed to eat.

When was the last time you de-wormed your chickens?

In addition to the already mentioned non conducive treats, runny poop for weeks could be due to worms.

Thank you for the poop article. It was very helpful, but my chicken has poop with no white; green and liquid; no worms, hardly any solid to it. I am giving them nothing but layer feed and a few black sunflower seeds as snacks. They have not eaten the pellets for two days now.

Good suggestions. I’ll wet the pellets and check the exp date. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom