Runny foamy poop: sick or normal?

Mhays

Songster
Apr 28, 2020
I dont think this was my rooster, whose poops are usually pretty textbook blobs with foam, not spread out like this. I have a couple of hens who may be elderly, have seen a couple of unshelled eggs in the last week, there are some ruffled feathers but otherwise everything is normal. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20201124_132646~2.jpg
    20201124_132646~2.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 19
Hi. The poop picture doesn’t seem alarming to me. If everyone is eating/drinking/pooping/laying and acting normal, I would continue to monitor.

As for the unshelled eggs, are you providing enough calcium for them (oyster shell)?

OK, good. Yes, I kind of sprinkle oyster shell around their habitat - they always have access.

It's possible that the shell-less eggs were caused by us scaring the hen by picking her up and putting her in the window to hang out with us at the wrong time (they used to enjoy window time but suddenly after moulting are freaked out by it)

Just wanted to make sure it didn't all add up to something viriulent! We got three of our hens as adults - so we don't know how old they are - might also be that they are close to the end of their life. :-(

OK, good. Yes, I kind of sprinkle oyster shell around their habitat - they always have access.

It's possible that the shell-less eggs were caused by us scaring the hen by picking her up and putting her in the window to hang out with us at the wrong time (they used to enjoy window time but suddenly after moulting are freaked out by it)

Just wanted to make sure it didn't all add up to something viriulent! We got three of our hens as adults - so we don't know how old they are - might also be that they are close to the end of their life. :-(
Ok, good. I would leave out a bowl of oyster shell instead of sprinkling it around but that’s just my preference for free choice OS.
Yes, as the older hens get, they can have all sorts of reproductive issues but hopefully that isn’t the case for you!

Back
Top Bottom