ShaliniW1985

Chirping
Jul 2, 2020
Last week I bought two little ducklings as replacements for some eggs that didn’t successfully hatch. I noticed this morning that one of their noses seemed to be running over their beak. It on,y looked like water at the time but seemed to be coming out of their nostrils. It only happened twice this morning, and the duckling didnt show any other symptom so I blew it off. Now I’m reading that it might be dangerous for a duckling to have a runny nose but the baby seems fine now. It’s it possible that they are sick or are they just a little sick?

Last week I bought two little ducklings as replacements for some eggs that didn’t successfully hatch. I noticed this morning that one of their noses seemed to be running over their beak. It on,y looked like water at the time but seemed to be coming out of their nostrils. It only happened twice this morning, and the duckling didnt show any other symptom so I blew it off. Now I’m reading that it might be dangerous for a duckling to have a runny nose but the baby seems fine now. It’s it possible that they are sick or are they just a little sick?
Hi Shalini, if it happens quickly afternoon drinking it can just be spill water... But it’s always a good thing to be alert and rule out the serious causes of a runny nose.
How are they doing otherwise?
eyes, energy,eating,drinking, poop?
is it possible to upload pictures of them?

Hi Shalini, if it happens quickly afternoon drinking it can just be spill water... But it’s always a good thing to be alert and rule out the serious causes of a runny nose.
How are they doing otherwise?
eyes, energy,eating,drinking, poop?
is it possible to upload pictures of them?
They seem fine otherwise, their energy is fine, they seem to be eating and drinking just fine so is suspect its just water, but I just want to know what I should be looking out for.

I would get worried if their eyes get dirty/bubbly/otherwise different or when they start to have labored breathing with their bill open. (they will also breath with their mouth open when it’s to hot so make sure they are not overheated)
Or when they sneeze all the time or their energy seems off.

But if you have the feeling your duck is not well I would always consult a vet if possible.

Back
Top Bottom