Runny poop!!! Please help!!!!

chickencrazy429

Songster
6 Years
Ok, first to start off, I hope that this is in the right section....

So lately my one EE (named Hazel) has been having runny poop. I have waited a bit to see if it has passed by, and it just hasn't passed. Her vent feathers have some on it, so they are getting kind of yucky, but she is having no trouble pooping. She is also not acting lethargic, sick, etc. She is perfectly fine, acting like herself and foraging well! She lays eggs regularly, and turned a year old almost a month ago. Is she just drinking a lot of water? Thanks in advance! -chickencrazy429

I've heard that pedialite is better than Gatorade (got scolded by the vet for using Gatorade for my pup!). I'd put a little in her water and try some scrambled eggs. Also, I'd probably be a good idea to wash her bottom so others don't pick at the mess

Ok, first to start off, I hope that this is in the right section....

So lately my one EE (named Hazel) has been having runny poop. I have waited a bit to see if it has passed by, and it just hasn't passed. Her vent feathers have some on it, so they are getting kind of yucky, but she is having no trouble pooping. She is also not acting lethargic, sick, etc. She is perfectly fine, acting like herself and foraging well! She lays eggs regularly, and turned a year old almost a month ago. Is she just drinking a lot of water? Thanks in advance! -chickencrazy429

What are you feeding Hazel?

Use scissors to trim back the fluff and feathers on her rear, that way she can have a clear "shot" to the ground and not getting feces stuck in her feathers. Then once you clear the vent/rear area, inspect the area closely for anything out of the ordinary.
Try giving her buttermilk mixed with scrambled eggs for a few days without anything else. Then add the layer pellets to the buttermilk/scrambled egg mixture to make and mash. Give her this mixture for 3 more days, then feed her only the pellets. Hopefully this will clear up the runny poop. Dont use yogurt.

Use scissors to trim back the fluff and feathers on her rear, that way she can have a clear "shot" to the ground and not getting feces stuck in her feathers. Then once you clear the vent/rear area, inspect the area closely for anything out of the ordinary.
Try giving her buttermilk mixed with scrambled eggs for a few days without anything else. Then add the layer pellets to the buttermilk/scrambled egg mixture to make and mash. Give her this mixture for 3 more days, then feed her only the pellets. Hopefully this will clear up the runny poop. Dont use yogurt.

Very interesting I've never heard of that!
1f60a.png

Well if I did that would I have to isolate her from the flock?

Back
Top Bottom