Runny rear (graphic pic attached)

Chickenheadmate

Songster
6 Years
Mar 4, 2018
Mansfield, TX
I noticed my leghorn in the nest awkwardly standing there this morning, and a bit ago I noticed she was In the middle of the backyard not standing up right how leghorns do. Posture was off.
I went to look at her rear and it was a mess. She hasn’t been ill in the 3 years that I’ve had her. What could it be?
sorry for the pic

Attachments

• C3D2AC58-B84A-4F2C-821D-150063CA779E.jpeg
    C3D2AC58-B84A-4F2C-821D-150063CA779E.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I noticed my leghorn in the nest awkwardly standing there this morning, and a bit ago I noticed she was In the middle of the backyard not standing up right how leghorns do. Posture was off.
I went to look at her rear and it was a mess. She hasn’t been ill in the3 months that I’ve had her. What could it be?
sorry for the pic

What's her vent look like? Would you recognize a prolapsed vent. I'd get her inside and cleaned up and check that vent. Post another pic when she is clean so we can see her whole butt.

ETA: A closer look looks like her vent is hanging almost to the ground. You need to clean her up asap. That vent is a mucous membrane and need to be MOIST ALL THE TIME. I'm not yelling at you I just want to let your know this very serious. Please take care of this TONIGHT.

I noticed my leghorn in the nest awkwardly standing there this morning, and a bit ago I noticed she was In the middle of
What's her vent look like? Would you recognize a prolapsed vent. I'd get her inside and cleaned up and check that vent. Post another pic when she is clean so we can see her whole butt.

ETA: A closer look looks like her vent is hanging almost to the ground. You need to clean her up asap. That vent is a mucous membrane and need to be MOIST ALL THE TIME. I'm not yelling at you I just want to let your know this very serious. Please take care of this TONIGHT.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I think it was out a bit, but after I washed it; it seemed to have gone inside

Came straight to check up on her after work, when I fixed my eyes on her she got ready to poop so I rushed over to look and white stuff came out and seemed like the vent was came out while she pushed. Is this normal?
went back in once she started to walk.

Back
Top Bottom