Runt brahma getting picked on

Buddys mom

Chirping
May 28, 2023
Hello again. I purchased 4 chicks from a hatchery. Two EEs and two brahmas. From the beginning one of the brahmas seemed to be having trouble eating. She did have an umpacted crop a couple of times that i was able to massage down. I took her to the vet and she said that her crop was very inflamed and she gave me drops for the inflammation and pain. Long story short she is half the size of the other chicks and they are starting to pick on her. I'd like to separate her but need advice on getting her a friend to live with. She's 27 days old. Thanks all in advance for your advice

Sorry. I forgot to add pics to my post.

Attachments

• 20230730_143636.jpg
    20230730_143636.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230730_063908.jpg
    20230730_063908.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello again. I purchased 4 chicks from a hatchery. Two EEs and two brahmas. From the beginning one of the brahmas seemed to be having trouble eating. She did have an umpacted crop a couple of times that i was able to massage down. I took her to the vet and she said that her crop was very inflamed and she gave me drops for the inflammation and pain. Long story short she is half the size of the other chicks and they are starting to pick on her. I'd like to separate her but need advice on getting her a friend to live with. She's 27 days old. Thanks all in advance for your advice
Do they all pick on her? Is there one that's nicer?

We're moving them outside this weekend into a small coop with its own run. I could put a small hiding place for her. Thank you for the advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom