Ruptured Air Sac - Subcutaneous Emphysema

Avian vet will NOT show me how to release air and says it is only cosmetic and does not harm the bird. He made an inscission in the back office and does not want me to learn because I cannot produce a sterile environment to do it myself. He ran tests and will not share normal values with me. I have had to look it up on the internet.
What would your thoughts be about this. I would like to know what size needle others have used to release air and how disinfecting was done.
After 4 days, bird has reinflated to same size as it was before I went to the vet.
If antibiotics were used what and how administered. Vet says oral in water is not effective.
Welcome To BYC @Scarlet628 :frow:frow:frow

I'm sorry that you're having trouble.
Your vet should be able to sit down and discuss results with you, perhaps you just need to have a chat with them.
If your bird was treated and the issue has not resolved, then contact the vet for further instructions about her care.

Welcome To BYC @Scarlet628 :frow:frow:frow

I'm sorry that you're having trouble.
Your vet should be able to sit down and discuss results with you, perhaps you just need to have a chat with them.
If your bird was treated and the issue has not resolved, then contact the vet for further instructions about her care.
Vet will not treat. Says it is cosmetic only and not a health issue. $500 so far

Back
Top Bottom