Rural Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daddysbaby1, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Daddysbaby1

Daddysbaby1 New Egg

Sep 15, 2013
    Rural NW Oklahoma
    My name is Debra, I live in a small town in rural Oklahoma, no chickens yet, but working to that end as well as a couple of milk goats, and maybe a couple of rabbits. Really looking to get back to basics and as self sufficient as possible, I would like to eventually get a small homestead but for now town it is and I have to work with what I have. Right now my main hurdle is getting my city raised hubby past the issue he has with seeing his future food in the yard every day.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG] from ohio. good luck on the self sufficiency! its not a life for everyone, but i find it rather enjoyable and rewarding.

4. Daddysbaby1

Daddysbaby1 New Egg

Sep 15, 2013
    Rural NW Oklahoma
    Thank you!!! My family was very self sufficient when I was growing up and I miss it dearly, being in a city severely limits my options as to how far we can go, but a garden, fruit trees, and a few smaller animals are all within city ordinance so going to do the best I can. Right now I am still in the planning stages, looking for pens and coops that are portable so the animals can be moved for cleaning and rotation to different areas of the yard so no single area is in danger of permanent damage.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Just put blinders on hubby, he'll be fine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by