S Florida - new member and new raiser of chickens

Hi everyone - new chicken owner from South Florida, about 3/4 mile inland from the Gulf of Mexico. Having lived in Florida for several decades, I am well acclimated to the hot and humid part of life in Florida. We have 4 new chickens that are about 3 weeks old. Truth be told - they weren't my idea. I wasn't really on board. But now that they're here, I can honestly say I am all in.

Using an Omlet Eglu Cube, since our municipality requires a moveable coop. It is still a few weeks from being delivered. Should be able to get it set up and secured just in time to get the new chickens moved in. One thing I wish I had thought of was waiting to start raising the chickens so that they weren't going to need to move outside until after the hottest weather breaks here in early October.
:welcome :frow By the time you get your Eglu your chicks should be able to handle the weather. I'm from North Central Florida. Good luck and have fun...

Hi! Welcome! Thanks for the reminding me that I need to introduce myself as well!! I'm a native Floridian, also in South Florida, and currently use an Eglu Cube MK2 setup for 4 Brown sex links. So excited for you to have chickens! 🙂
:welcome:frow I love my birds. They each have a unique personality. Good luck with your flock and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom