Sacramento Area Poultry Auction Link

suzettex5

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
California
MODS- if this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry, please move it to where it belongs! Thanks!
smile.png

Here is a CL link to the local poultry auction in Roseville Ca. Denios is a FABULOUS farmers market as well! NOT trying to advertisefor them, but it IS where I go to get fresh local produce for my flock at really good prices.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/1794713514.html

My apologies if this violates any BYC rules, please let me know if it does so it doesnt happen again.

I am a Denio's Fiend and a CL fiend and saw the same post! LOL! If I didn't have plans to take my big ol 'rooster' (hubby) to breakfast on father's day, I'd go to the auction this Sunday.

Where in Sacramento are you? We're right here in the middle of town!

Shhh, don't tell anybody half the people on my street have secret chickens ....

Dont worry Hellena, my lips are
duc.gif
!! I'm in Auburn, out in the country, I'm lucky not to have any rules to speak of regarding chickens. I'm sure there are some kind of laws on the books, but being rural, we all have some kind of livestock.

I'm glad you are still able to have your flock in Sac (even if you are 'underground'). We are looking to buy a new home and I said Sac is out of the question just because I didnt think I could get away with a larger flock inside city limits.

If you ever see a short blonde lady with 3 young red-headed boys (plus a few bigger kids) at Denios, thats me! I just love the prices on produce! My hubby always says "I KNOW all that food is not for us- you never even make US that stuff!" (he's right, but I deny it,
hide.gif
)

LOL... I love Denio's for oh SO many reasons! I buy so much produce there, more than we could eat (and we have a big garden and grow a LOT of our own stuff). But, I like having leftovers to share with my grown kids and their families.

And now I share them with the girls in the back yard.
big_smile.png

anyone know if the auction house across the street from Denios is still open?
Or does Denios do birds?

I haven't been in years... I am north of the Sac airport...

Are there other places nearby that do poultry exchanges/sells?

Back
Top Bottom