Sad and Angry.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheRedStarGirl, Mar 17, 2017.

1. TheRedStarGirl

TheRedStarGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    You are not the only person here with Tractor Supply Dead Chicks. Just read a post this week with only a few survivors from a large size order. Their hatchery supplier must be a BAD one.
    Sorry to see this...[​IMG]

3. bucky52

bucky52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    That is so sad. I had seen someone posting on social media about Tractor supply ordering chicks for people. I Commented that I would never buy chicks from them again.They have the breeds and sex of chicks on each bin.The ones I purchased were not Isa Browns as was listed on the bin and they were not all Females. Two were roosters and At 12 weeks I knew I had meaties.they had gotten so heavy they could barely walk.The other four were pullets.and one of those was also a meat bird. The barred rocks I purchased as females I ended up with one pullet.the rest were Roosters.

1 person likes this.
  4. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    While this is extremely sad, I think your anger should be directed where the fault lies. Tractor Supply does not ship chicks .I know many people including myself who have been extremely pleased with all our Tractor Supply chicks.
    However, that said I will never order shipped chips again, It was not the hatchery's from whom I ordered the chicks fault, but the United States Post Office's fault. I paid for overnight shipping. I chose a time frame for shipping that should have been warm enough (Last day of April.) and the post office lost the chicks for two days in frigid weather (Not sure where you are but just this week in the Northeast postal service was cancelled one day because of the storm we got so that alone meant baby chicks were going to sit for a day in frigid weather even if they weren't lost.) So yes, be mad, but direct your anger at the guilty party, the post office.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

6. maryrp33

maryrp33 Just Hatched

Mar 8, 2017
    That is awful. So sorry.

7. Louise Waffles

Louise Waffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm so sorry, lots of hugs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by