Sad and Angry.

TheRedStarGirl

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 26, 2013

That is so sad. I had seen someone posting on social media about Tractor supply ordering chicks for people. I Commented that I would never buy chicks from them again.They have the breeds and sex of chicks on each bin.The ones I purchased were not Isa Browns as was listed on the bin and they were not all Females. Two were roosters and At 12 weeks I knew I had meaties.they had gotten so heavy they could barely walk.The other four were pullets.and one of those was also a meat bird. The barred rocks I purchased as females I ended up with one pullet.the rest were Roosters.

While this is extremely sad, I think your anger should be directed where the fault lies. Tractor Supply does not ship chicks .I know many people including myself who have been extremely pleased with all our Tractor Supply chicks.
However, that said I will never order shipped chips again, It was not the hatchery's from whom I ordered the chicks fault, but the United States Post Office's fault. I paid for overnight shipping. I chose a time frame for shipping that should have been warm enough (Last day of April.) and the post office lost the chicks for two days in frigid weather (Not sure where you are but just this week in the Northeast postal service was cancelled one day because of the storm we got so that alone meant baby chicks were going to sit for a day in frigid weather even if they weren't lost.) So yes, be mad, but direct your anger at the guilty party, the post office.

Back
Top Bottom